Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Goodtimes...

Fridge at The Village Dublin. A carbon neutral show. Fridge are now a five piece. They played a fantastic mix of old and new material and some jams that weren't familiar at all (maybe improvised?).
I don't know the name of this laptop player who was the warm-up for Fridge but he played a good range of sounds which I found very enjoyable.Sophie Cocault and Barry Cullen are the Hammock District! We played our first show on Saturday night as part of the Home Made Jam festival. Well it was a BEW gig but I thought it would be nice to try to play some gentle material at the start of the set before going mental with noise. No-one threw any shit at us, so I guess we weren't too bad. The minidisc recording I took from the mixer is amazingly bad though - like someone stuck layers of noise on top of everything...odd, as it sounded quite good to me (I was squatting on the ground with no monitors though...). The Hammock District songs were written for my sister's first daughter. A collection of electronic lullabies.I have become an uncle again. My older sister gave birth to a healthy little boy. Smiles on all the family's faces.
hammock districtliving room 01

Labels: , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home