Monday, February 23, 2009

Sampling - Points of View...

On my way to a Friday night workshop I got chatting about sampling to a friend. He told me aout this clip where we can hear two music heads having a chat about how much should be paid to use samples of other peoples music.



I was hoping for a little more than that short clip, but it does raise questions instead of giving answers. (Why isn't it longer than 5 minutes?)

in my opinion one of the most useful things to take away from the clip is the link to FMC. On hitting the link I found a wealth of interesting articles which are, again, raising questions, but more importantly, trying to give answers.

There are much higher quality discussions on the subject. The above is only a crumb from the cake. The following chap talks about a some other issues that are connected.

Labels: , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home